Close Protection Training
The Close Protection Training Course is a 28 day intensive training program for the person who is in the field of protecting VIP’s and Executives in the Military, Police or Corporate Environments.
The course is accredited with SASSETA (local), PSIRA (local), City and Guilds (International).
SASSETA Unit Standards
- Provide Static Protection to Designated Persons - U/S 244317;
- Provide Close Protection to Designated Persons whilst in Transit - U/S 244319;
- Provide Pedestrian Escort to Designated Persons within a Close Protection Environment - U/S 244327;
- Compile a Threat and Risk Assessment for a Close Protection Operation - U/S 244330;
- Provide Close Protection to a Designated Person whilst Embus and Debus - U/S 244334;
- Explain the requirements of becoming a security service provider - U/S 246694.
City and Guilds
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate for working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry (International Qualification)
- Conflict management within the Private Security Industry - Y/506/7125
- Working as a Close Protection Operative - Y/506/7884
- Planning Preparing and Supporting a Close Protection Operation - D/506/7885
- City and Guilds Theoretical and Online Exam
Close Protection Training Course Content
- Advanced Driver Training (www.gerotek.co.za)
- Medical Training
- Firearms Competency (Sasseta Unit Standards)
- Physical Fitness And Unarmed Combat
For more information download our Executive Course Protection brochure.
- Driver’s License
- Preferable tactical experience
- Preferable Use of weapons